[Qgis-user] Smoothing elevation data?

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Tue Jan 12 07:33:55 PST 2016

Hi,
Use Single band pseudocolor, Mode: Continuous or boost the number of
Classes to 255, and play with the min max values.  You should be able to
create a color ramp with more intermediate values.   I imagine you do
have more then 4 or 5 different elevations values in the DEM? If not,
you could always filter your data using the SAGA simple filter found in
the processing module.  Than will change the data values so keep a copy
of the original data.

I a good result, place your hillshade under this dem raster and change
the blending mode to multiply.
Cheers
Nicolas