[Qgis-user] Smoothing elevation data?

McDonaldR McDonaldR at angus.gov.uk
Tue Jan 12 07:48:37 PST 2016

Sebastian,

You could also add more classes to your colour ramp (10 instead of 5).

You could change the colour interpretation method from discrete to linear which would also smooth things out.

Try create a hill-shaded image from your elevation layer (using Raster > Analysis > DEM Terrain Models) and then overlay the two and blend them together using the Multiply blend mode.

I'll try send some screen shots but have a look at https://www.flickr.com/photos/osmapping/8734190127/in/album-72157633485537340/ and some of the other photos in their album.

Ross