[Qgis-user] Inability to use the Rectangles Ovals Digitizing plugin to make circular building

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Jan 14 04:08:14 PST 2016

On 13-01-16 20:24, Philip Condit wrote:
> I have been unable to use the Rectangles Ovals Digitizing plugin to add
> buildings shaped like a circle.  I have tried doing this in versions
> 2.8.5, 2.1.3 and 2.1.2 of QGIS.  Even though the icons of this plugin
> are activated, when I click on the icon that should make a circle, it
> instead makes an equilateral triangle that has the apex of the triangle
> oriented horizontally to the right.  And the Advanced Editing toolbar
> does not seem to have an option to make a circle.

Hi Philip,

I just tested the plugin both in 2.8, 2.12 and current master, and it is
working fine. Both in epsg:4326 as in a projected crs.

are you working with a strange crs maybe? Or is the layer you are
working in other then the crs of your project?
Maybe OTF en/diabled?

If all fails, you could try to contact the plugin author via the issue
tracker of the plugin:

http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/rectovalDigit/

But as said, with me the plugin just works.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde