[Qgis-user] Windows bluescreen with QGIS?

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Mon Jan 18 04:09:02 PST 2016

Hi Michael,

This sounds severe, but from the information provided so far it is very
hard to tell what could possibly be the cause for this.

You could try a couple of things:

 * Check the memory usage while it happens [1]
 * Disable all plugins, delete the local qgis configuration folder
 * Provide information about the projects which cause the issue (is
there a special data provider, extremely big dataset, special styling...
involved).
 * Update your Windows with all the latest patches and updates (you will
probably have to ask your local IT service if they have done / will do
that for you)

Best regards,
Matthias

[1]
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/view-how-much-memory-your-computer-is-using

On 01/18/2016 12:52 PM, Michael Schulz wrote:
> Dear users,
>
> I keep having an issue since one week, that when using QGIS 2.12(.2) /
> 2.10 with some projects, my PC crashes with a windows blue screen
> (Win7 64 Pro). Sometimes a bad_pool_header or system_service_exception
> error. I'm not saying this is caused by QGIS, but it is (more or less)
> reproducible and doesn't happen when I'm not using QGIS.
>
> I wonder if this could somehow be related to QGIS specifically, or if
> it is a memory issues (hardware failure). Problem is that I'm in a
> company network with quiet restricted access to my machine. I was
> wondering whether someone could give me a hint or suggestions, where I
> could start looking into this.
>
> Thanks, Michael
>

> --

Matthias Kuhn
OPENGIS.ch - https://www.opengis.ch
Spatial • (Q)GIS • PostGIS • Open Source