[Qgis-user] QGIS big fail in deleting Shapes!!

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Jan 20 02:14:49 PST 2016

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, 20. Jan 2016 at 09:04:52 +0100, Neumann, Andreas wrote:
> I also remember that Marco Hugentobler (Sourcepole) was contracted to
> fix these Shapefile issues for the province of Vorarlberg - though I may
> be wrong. So there is already someone investing to fix this bug. Marco -
> correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, please.  I thought this was a fact - and didn't look at all into
the problem.

Not sure if QGIS always does a REPACK (it used to after each delete - but that
changes feature ids and interferes with internal stuff).  I'm also not sure
that GDAL 2 fixes the problem - the comments to the ticket are not conclusive
in that regard (GRASS is probably not a good test as it also uses GDAL and
hence also should follow it's interpretation of what's deleted; see also
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2016-January/043483.html).

Jürgen

PS: @Saber may your GDAL 2.0.0dev come from experiments with this?  OSGeo4W has
1.11.3 (or 2.0.0 as experimental - which QGIS doesn't use - but no *dev).

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode