[Qgis-user] GetPrint is slow with filters

Liva VĂ¥gane liva.vagane at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 01:55:12 PST 2016

Hi,
I have a GetPrint-request that I send to my qgis-server. It takes a couple
of minutes, and I think that is a bit too long to wait.

My request has 30 layers from tables in three Oracle databases. I have
filters on 20 of these. The request takes in excess of two minutes. Without
the filters it takes 4-5 seconds. My initial thought was that it had to run
through all the tables (because of the filters), and that the number of
objects in the table would matter. But: When I change the value of the
filters (eg. from &FILTER=mylayer1:"Attribute" = 2;mylayer2:"Attribute" =
2;... to &FILTER=mylayer1:"Attribute" = 3;mylayer2:"Attribute" = 3;...) so
that it returns very few objects, the request takes 4-5 seconds. Can anyone
explain to me what happens? Does the selected objects get temporarily
stored somewhere? Any suggestions to what I can do to speed up the request?

Thank you!
/Liva