[Qgis-user] desktop icons on fresh windows

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Sat Jan 23 01:49:50 PST 2016

Am 23.01.2016, 09:26 Uhr, schrieb Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:

> Il 23/01/2016 06:34, Carlos Cerdán ha scritto:
>
>>         Does this sound as a good idea? Please let me/us know...
>
> Agreed, thanks. maybe just add a startup tip?

I think there is sooo much space left on the landing page of qgis.org,
that a little summary article explaining those things mentioned by Carlos
would be nice.
Now you land there and you have the choice to dowload QGIS. Well, but what
is QGIS and its environment, who creates it and how do things paly
together?

I know, this style of pages is now very modern and pure, but people have
to search for every bit of information by themselves and gather the bits
to get the "big picture".

Doing this in a startup tip is not wrong, but thats actually too late
cause then people already have QGIS installed with all those strange
things appearing on desktop etc.

So now, when people ask me what all the stuff is good for, I always say "
Ah, just ignore it", cause it's too tiresome to explain that stuff again
and again (which the guys will forget a second later anyway)

Just my 2 cents
Bernd

--
Bernd Vogelgesang