[Qgis-user] desktop icons on fresh windows

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Jan 23 02:41:32 PST 2016

Good idea!

Ok, what about adding a section: "What is installed"
below the installation section of
http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/getting_started.html#installation

I think it is better in the documentation the on the website.
I'm happy to add some lines of text and a line, pointing to this
section, eg below the Get the installer button on

http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/index.html

Please add the section, do not count on others! Just push this link:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/edit/master/source/docs/user_manual/introduction/getting_started.rst

Try :-) It will create a fork, you can edit in the editor of Github and
you will create a pull request.

NOW is the time. The doc team is busy writing the 2.14 docs...

Regards,

Richard