[Qgis-user] crash loading missing wfs connection

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Jan 23 04:00:14 PST 2016

On 23-01-16 12:31, emmexx wrote:
> I created a wfs connection to a geoserver in qgis 2.10.
> Now the geoserver is not working anymore.
> I start qgis and it crashes after loading the gui.
>
> The following is in the terminal where I started qgis:
>
> Warning: loading of qgis translation failed
> [/usr/share/qgis/i18n//qgis_en_US]
> Warning: loading of qt translation failed
> [/usr/lib/qt/translations/qt_en_US]
> Warning: QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a
> different thread.
> (Parent is QgsNetworkAccessManager(0x9004768), parent's thread is
> QThread(0x8ed5218), current thread is QThread(0x997ca40)
> Warning: QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a
> different thread.
> (Parent is QgsNetworkAccessManager(0x9004768), parent's thread is
> QThread(0x8ed5218), current thread is QThread(0x997ca40)
> Warning: QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a
> different thread.
> (Parent is QgsNetworkAccessManager(0x9004768), parent's thread is
> QThread(0x8ed5218), current thread is QThread(0x997ca40)
> Segmentation fault
>
> I use slackware 14.1
>
> Is this a bug?
>
> Is it possible to delete the defunct connection from
> .config/QGIS/QGIS2.conf ?

Yes you can delete the 'connections-wfs' lines, then these saved
connection will be gone.

I 'think' however, that it will still be around in your project file
(though you can edit that one too... to remove it).

But as Matthias says: it would be good to see if it occurs in newer
versions too, because then.... it's a bug

So is it a special/public wfs, can you give the connection url?
Or is it a local one, which you run yourself?

Anyway, plz let us know if it is still a problem in a recent version.

Regards,

Richard