[Qgis-user] linking n to 1 data

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Sun Jan 24 08:21:04 PST 2016

Am 24.01.2016, 16:45 Uhr, schrieb Nicolas Cadieux
<nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca>:

> This is good also.
>
> http://www.qgistutorials.com/en/docs/performing_table_joins.html

Well, I already know how to join data to a layer, thats not the problem
and this does not solve 1 to many problems.

> Google QGIS one-to-many or many-to-one join and you should find more.
Did this extensively over the past 3 years. That's why I only came up with
my R approach.

> Mmqgis plugin may also have options for you.
Can't see anything that makes live there soo much easier except "Geometry
Export to CSV" which might produce valid polygon features after reimport.

But again: Would it be soo hard to make a python script (for pythonists I
mean) that iterates over a table, and replicates every matching feature to
a new vector layer, adding the attributes? That's what I do with my R
script outside of QGIS.
So, why not just having a 3 click solution instead those numerous exports
and reimports and other error-prone single actions?

Greetings
Bernd

> Cheers!
>
> Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.
> Les Entreprises Archéotec inc.8548, rue Saint-Denis Montréal H2P 2H2
> Téléphone: 514.381.5112  Fax: 514.381.4995
> www.archeotec.ca
> On Jan 24, 2016 10:20, "Matthias Kuhn-2 [via OSGeo.org] " <[hidden
> email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There are a number of things to be done to properly support different
>> usecases:
>>
>> Join / Aggregate functions support in expressions
>>
>> Some sort of join possibility should be added to expressions (similar
>> to the get_feature function) and some >>aggregate functions. E.g.
>>
>>    join( "otherlayer"."name", ',' ) RIGHT JOIN otherlayer ON
>> otherlayer."id" = this."fk"
>>
>> to create a string like "A,B,C" from three linked entries with name A,
>> B and C.
>>
>> Or
>>
>>    average( "otherlayer"."population" ) RIGHT JOIN otherlayer ON
>> otherlayer."id" = this."fk"
>>
>> etc...
>>
>> Relation support for print composer
>>
>> Create tables with information from related entries based on the
>> current atlas feature.
>>
>> Other ideas? I'm sure there is a lot more to be done :-)
>>
>> Matthias

>> User, <a
>> href="http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?>>macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=4125267&code=bmljb2xhcy5jYWRpZXV4QGFyY2hlb3RlYy5jYXw0MTI1MjY3fDYzNDQ4MjQxNg==">click
>> <a
>> href="http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble>>%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace->>nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml->>send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml"
>> style="font:9px serif">NAML

Bernd Vogelgesang
Siedlerstraße 2
91083 Baiersdorf/Igelsdorf