[Qgis-user] OpenJPEG

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Mon Jan 25 08:34:59 PST 2016

Hi Aaron,

As far as I know QGIS does not directly link to openjpeg. It may be
indirectly linked via Qt or some other library.

What exactly are your improvements?
Can they be provided upstream, so everything which depends on openjpeg
can profit from them?
Why do you think that QGIS in particular would benefit?

Kind regards,
Matthias

On 01/25/2016 05:18 PM, Aaron Boxer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have made improvements to OpenJPEG speed and memory usage,
> and I am releasing the code under the Affero GPL license.
>
> Would QGIS users be interested in these patches?  These are significant
> improvements to existing OpenJPEG master.
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron

Matthias Kuhn
OPENGIS.ch - https://www.opengis.ch
Spatial • (Q)GIS • PostGIS • Open Source