[Qgis-user] OpenJPEG

Aaron Boxer boxerab at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 08:40:04 PST 2016

Hi Matthias,

Thanks - I suppose QGIS reads J2K files via GDAL ?

My improvements are :

- much faster tile decode (use multiple cores)
- much lower memory usage for decode
- fast sub-tile decode for large single-tile images

Eventually, I would like to enable viewing of files larger than 4 GB, which
is a limitation at the moment with OpenJPEG.

Cheers,
Aaron