[Qgis-user] Create a KML using QGIS

Ventura Bartolomeo bartolomeo.ventura at eurac.edu
Mon Jan 25 06:55:16 PST 2016

Hi all,

Starting from a .csv file I created a kml file using QGIS (2.8 Wien). The .csv file has 5 columns in the following order: Latitude, Longitude, Name, parameter and temporal acquisition. When I create the .kml file it puts the place-mark in the correct position but instead of seeing names I see numbers. These numbers correspond to the "Feature Id" showed when clicking on "Identify feature" button.

Is there a way to change these numbers into another value, possibly using the "name" column directly, in order to see the name and not a number on Google Earth?

Thanks in advance

_ _

Dr. Ventura Bartolomeo
Institute for Applied Remote Sensing
Technology for Environmental Monitoring

EURAC research
Viale Druso 1, I-39100 Bolzano, Italy
t +39 0471 055 374
f +39 0471 055 389
bartolomeo.ventura at eurac.edu<mailto:bartolomeo.ventura at eurac.edu>
www.eurac.edu<http://www.eurac.edu/>

This transmission is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain confidential or legally privileged information.
If you receive this transmission by error, please notify the author immediately by mail and delete all copies of this transmission and any attachments.
Any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited by the "Privacy-Code", D.Lgs. 196/2003 and may lead to penal prosecution and liability for damages.
P Think before you print