[Qgis-user] QGIS Server sometimes not sending commits to postgis

jaitor sigeo.agmartin at getxo.eus
Tue Jan 26 04:37:19 PST 2016

Hi,

I am running a Windows Server 2012 server.
PostgreSQL 9.3.5, 64-bit
POSTGIS 2.1.3
QGIS Server 2.6.1-2
QGIS Desktop 2.8.3

I am using a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 tablet using QGIS Desktop 2.12 to edit
some layers stored in the Postgresql database. The layers in the tablet are
WFS layers served by QGIS Server.

When I toogle editing after inserting some data in the layer to force the
data to be sent and stored in the server sometimes the commit is not being
done from QGIS Server to the Database.

I can see that the POST http request arrives to the server ok, but sometimes
I can't see a commit (update) in the database and some other times it works
ok and does the commit.

I ensure every time that internet connection is fine.

When loading the QGIS project with 50 WFS layers in the tablet (client),
sometimes two or three layers are not read and I need to click in apply
several times until they are read properly and the project finishes
before.

The problem that worries me is the first one, because there is people
working in field inserting data the whole day, and when they arrive to their
office they connect teh tablet to wifi (or even ethernet cable) to ensure
internet is fine and they toogle edition to save changes. As mentioned
before, sometimes data is not stored in postgis but no error is propagated
to QGIS Client, so the user thinks that the data has been stores correctly.

The funny thing is that they have been working for 40 days and hey only got
this problem once, but since last week they have had this problem every
day...

I've been trying to activate QGIS Server logs to see what error it is giving
adding these two lines to D:\OSGeo4W\httpd.d\httpd_qgis.conf

SetEnv QGIS_SERVER_LOG_FILE /var/tmp/qgislog.txt
SetEnv QGIS_SERVER_LOG_LEVEL 0

But no log file is being generated.

I've been with this issue 3 days and no progress..

Any help will be appreciated...

Regards,