[Qgis-user] Will not run on Windows Server 2008 r2

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 04:57:27 PST 2016

Sorry to post this again, but is there no one among the developers able to
assist in troubleshooting?  Any and all attempts at installing on this VM
result in a non-functional application.  Tried 2.8 LTR and 2.12, 32 and 64
bit.  Same symptoms:

- Brief message about "..file in use" during install with no other detail.

- QGis desktop traps to Windows crash dialog while splash screen is
displaying a message about "initializing GUI".

FWIW, ESRI ArcMap 10.1 is running fine on this machine.  We have a limited
number of ESRI license available, so gaining the ability to read GDB files
in QGIS would be quite helpful.

I'm a software developer with good system troubleshooting skils - on
Linux.  My knowledge of Windows is somewhat cursory, but with a few
concrete suggestions I'll be glad to do some forensics.

Alternately, if anyone can point me to a 2.12 build for Centos 6.x that
would work.