[Qgis-user] Upgrading from Qgis 2.4 to 2.12 on Ubuntu 15.04

Steve Steve stevetatman.research at live.co.uk
Tue Jan 26 05:48:33 PST 2016

Hi,

I am really trying to upgrade Qgis 2.4 to 2.12 on Ubuntu 15.04.

I have tried to edit sources.list but to no avail. I have also tried to the Lubuntu Software Center in 'preferences', 'open software preferences', 'other software' and 'add' but I still can't get it to work.

Qgis.org states "Default Debian and Ubuntu software repositories often hold older versions of
QGIS.
To have newer versions, you have to add alternative software repositories, by
adding one of the deb-lines below to your /etc/apt/sources.list file."

Help please?

Cheers,
Steve