[Qgis-user] Upgrading from Qgis 2.4 to 2.12 on Ubuntu 15.04

Steve Steve stevetatman.research at live.co.uk
Fri Jan 29 07:01:05 PST 2016

OK Here is how I did it. I found a page with a good link:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/645343/how-do-i-install-qgis-2-8-on-ubuntu-15-04

[EDITED SLIGHTLY]
To install the newest version of QGIS I added the QGIS repositories to my /etc/apt/sources.list file:

sudo leafpad /etc/apt/sources.list

and inserted these lines:

deb http://qgis.org/debian vivid main
deb-src http://qgis.org/debian vivid main

Remember to add the GPG keys as follows:

gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv 3FF5FFCAD71472C4
gpg --export --armor 3FF5FFCAD71472C4 | sudo apt-key add -

Then run:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install qgis python-qgis qgis-plugin-grass

This installed qgis 2.12.3-Lyon

Cheers,
Steve