[Qgis-user] Installation of QGIS

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Jan 28 05:31:30 PST 2016

Have a look at the description:

https://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2010-022501-5526-99

Trojan.Gen:

Risk Level 1: Very Low

Trojan.Gen is a generic detection for many individual but varied Trojans for which specific definitions have not been created. A generic detection is used because it protects against many Trojans that share similar characteristics.

This looks like bad heuristics in the virus scanner to me and not like a problem on our side.

Unless we are provided with the details of why this "generic detection" finds an undefined (that's what  "specific definitions have not been created" translates to) trojan, the ball is on Symantec's court to be more specific about the problem.

Matthias