[Qgis-user] QGIS crashes when using mouse wheel to zoom in and out of WMTS services

Chris Buckmaster chris.buckmaster at runnymede.gov.uk
Thu Jan 28 05:09:14 PST 2016

Hi

I am finding that QGIS (v 2.12.1) keeps crashing when trying to use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out of WMTS services.

If I just scroll it once, it is fine as it will scroll in or out to the next scale level. But if I want to quickly zoom right into a location and I try and immediately scroll 4 or 5 times, the WMTS does not redraw and QGIS just freezes.

I am not sure if others have this problem? I know in past versions you were not able to scroll into levels before the next level had been rendered, something we might need to look at going back to if there is a problem with scrolling in and out similar to web maps.

Thanks, Chris