[Qgis-user] QGIS - shp2kml

ralfwessels gis at ralf-wessels.de
Fri Jan 29 06:04:28 PST 2016

Hi Bart,
to let others participate at this discussion I'll publish your (direct) mail
and my answer here:

/Hi Ralf,
Thanks for your suggestion. I tried and it works. Do you know if there is
also the possibility to add other descriptor field using QGIS for creating a
kml?
Such as dimension of the placemark, type of placemark etc

Thanks in advance

Ciao  Bart /

If you want more descriptor fields - I guess you mean more attributes - you
have to create them in QGIS before exporting the dataset as kml.  The
fieldcalculator in QGIS provides a lot possibilities to create new
attributes.
Ralf