[Qgis-user] QGIS not responding when using select by location

Chris Buckmaster chris.buckmaster at runnymede.gov.uk
Thu Jul 7 02:18:25 PDT 2016

Hi

I have a PostGIS point dataset of around 80,000 points and I am trying to use the select by location tool to select those points which intersect a flood layer.

I am finding that when carrying out the process, the tool stops responding and doesn't seem to progress past 0%.

Both datasets have a spatial index and I am on a reasonably fast computer (64 bit Windows 7 with 8GB RAM) - is this a known issue or can I try anything to resolve it?

PS using QGIS 2.14-3.

Thanks