[Qgis-user] Minimum bounding circle from cluster of points

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Fri Jul 8 08:05:09 PDT 2016

Hi,
This could work but there may be a more efficient way.   Here are my ideas.
1) Split vector layer using the  ID for each plot/cluster.2) Create a polygone from the file extent. (use the processing toolbox), merge all the polygone into 1 file.3) Find the centroid of this shape and the maximum extent of the file or the maximum extent of the shape (field calculator). 4) Use the Create Buffers tools (on the centroid file) in the MMQGIS plugin.  You can create a circle based on a Radius specified in a column (the max file extent).
Step 1 could also be create convex hull for every group of points. Perhaps this can be done by aggregating the points into a multi point files. (vector/geometry tool/single part to multipart).
Nicolas