[Qgis-user] v.generalize in GRASS toolbox stalls out

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Tue Jul 12 11:24:43 PDT 2016

Hi,

Could it be that you are hitting the size limit of the shapefile?  I
have had problems like this trying to make Isoline for a very big raster
(all of Québec).  The solution could be to split the shapefile or maybe
to change file formats (spatialite maybe???). Look at the file size as
it grows.  If this is the problem, you will see it stop growing after a
while.    Sometime, the algorithm does not crash and it just keeps on
going on.

Nicolas