[Qgis-user] PostGIS connection with service file

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Jul 19 00:57:04 PDT 2016

Hi Benjamin,

On Tue, 19. Jul 2016 at 07:35:16 +0000, Fuenfer-Koenigstein.Benjamin at swm.de wrote:
> Seems that pgAdmin is "more intelligent", or in other words, is less strict
> interpreting the conf-file than QGIS is. Took me a while to find this out and
> may help others when trying to create a PostGIS-service-connection in QGIS.

I think neither pgAdmin nor QGIS read it directly.  It should be libpq in both
cases.  We set msvcrt IO to binary for other reasons and that probably makes
the crlf in the service file visible for libpq that it doesn't know how to
handle.  Using just lf in the file works for both.

SEE ALSO http://hub.qgis.org/issues/10932.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode