[Qgis-user] environment variable

Fuenfer-Koenigstein.Benjamin at swm.de Fuenfer-Koenigstein.Benjamin at swm.de
Tue Jul 19 02:11:11 PDT 2016

Hi all,

is there a way to define environment variables in QGIS containing other environment variables?
I would like to set PGSERVICEFILE to
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\.qgis2\.pg_service.conf
or
I:\QGIS\servicefiles\%USERNAME%\.pg_service.conf
as it works with windows. This would allow to use one QGIS-project with different users and the user automatically gets the right PostGIS-server-connections. I could also achieve this by using the default value for PGSERVICEFILE (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\postgresql) but I would prefer having the service file within the .qgis2 folder or even better, a folder on the central file-share I:\.
Thank you for any help!

Best regards

Benjamin Fünfer-Königstein
S-IP-AN-TG Techn. Geschäftsfelder