[Qgis-user] Upgrading to 2.16 -> delete Processing in .qgis2 to get new version

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Wed Jul 20 15:43:05 PDT 2016

Hi,
I just upgraded from 2.14 to 2.16 on Linux Mint (after uninstalling
everything). I had some strange behaviours with the Processing Toolbox, so
I got the idea to delete the processing plugin folder from
.qgis2/Python/plugins and restarted QGIS. Then there was a new link at the
bottom of the toolbox, telling me that I can activate more providers.
Actually I did not change anything in the settings, but when closing them,
there was visible action on my hard disc. Afterwards, the quirks were gone.

It seems that the new Processing is only working correctly when doing
that(?)

This may apply to Windows as well.

Any comments from devs on that? In case this should be a general case when
upgrading, shouldn't this be told somewhere prominently on the website?
--
Bernd Vogelgesang
Siedlerstraße 2