[Qgis-user] Joining csv and shape files in QGIS

Phillip Money phillip.money at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 20 21:47:39 PDT 2016

I am trying to join a csv file and shp file in QGIS. They both have common fields. I have imported the CSV file properly. It has two fields, a name (local government area) and an integer (total complaints per area). I have checked the properties in QGIS and they show string and int.

I want to display total complaints per local government area on a map When I join the CSV and shp files, I get null values under the total complaints field. I have tried lots of things, but without success so far.

Any help would be appreciated.

Phillip Money