[Qgis-user] Profiles in QGIS

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 11:56:44 PDT 2016

Nicholas;
Looking for more open source; AutoCAD is good but if I was to raise a PO I
would go for Esri Standard and the Arc Scene extensions.
Qgis2threejs, I think thats the right one, provides a very decent 3D render
of a XYZ dataset, but it takes some processing power and I see no way to
add a scale bar to the side to show elevations. What I am looking for is
something like Esri's profile viewer, been a long time since I used it so
that might not be the right name, where you draw a line, like a road centre
line, and it shows you a profile view of the geometries along that line. I
think you could even assign a width or buffer so that it would only return
geometries within a certain distance of the line. It basically showed it as
a graph and required very little processing power. Just trying to find
something similar in QGIS or other open source product for our field
operations and techs to use.
Tyler