[Qgis-user] Corporate Users

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Fri Nov 4 00:33:18 PDT 2016

Hei Grant,

I guess it depends very much on the policies that apply in your company and what infrastructure you have: Deployment on workstation (what OS), vs. Server deployment or even cloud deployment.
Also which customization you want to apply to your QGIS installation might have some implications.

In addidtion to what Paolo was writing, I heard that Citrix has been mentioned to be a bit slow. We have relatively good experience with QGIS on an Ubuntu Server and x2go. But mostly we use local installations on Windows using a custom installer which we create using Paolos recipe here:
https://github.com/faunalia/HealthQGIS/blob/master/packaging/howto.rst
Finally, our IT department add that installer to the Windows software center. However, our Windows admins complained about the frequent release cycle and required me to drop point releases. While it is an almost one-click action to create the installer on Ubuntu it must be some job to put it into the software center (but I don`t know that part of the deployment).

Cheers
Stefan