[Qgis-user] Creating parent feature with geometry from child feature

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Nov 8 04:04:04 PST 2016

Hi Nicolas,

Seems strange to me that you start creating an observation first, and
then want to the station.

Wouldn't it be more natural to first create the station and then add
observations from the observation form nested in the station form?

That's how I do it. It seems logical to me and works fine.

In real live, you also have to first build the house, before you can put
furniture or people in it ...

But maybe I did not correctly understand the reason why you do it the
other way around. There may be a good reason.

Greetings,
Andreas