[Qgis-user] Using Values from selected object in printcomposer

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat Nov 12 11:55:07 PST 2016

Hi Martin,

Yes - you can use "Atlas print" for that. If you add an Atlas in the
print composer for the concerned layer, you get an automatic Atlas
action ("Set as Atlas feature for Atlas"). You can select an object in
the map or in the attribute table and open the corresponding feature in
the Atlas. In the Atlas you can use any attribute of the atlas feature
and use it in graphical properties, label content, etc.

Have a look in the manual:
http://docs.qgis.org/2.14/en/docs/user_manual/print_composer/create_output.html#generate-an-atlas
to get an idea how you can specify the "Atlas" in print composer. You
can find the "Actions tool" in the toolbar next to the "Identify
Features" tool in the "Attributes" toolbar. Once an atlas is configured
on the selected layer, the "Set as Atlas feature for Atlas" is
automatically added, and you can use this tool to select features on the
map. After clicking on the object, print composer will open and use the
selected feature.

Let me know if you need help on that or can find it out yourself. I am
happy to help if you are stuck. The Atlas is really powerful. There is a
lot of possibilities, including dynamic styling, dynamic HTML content,
calling web services, tables, all based on the selected atlas feature.

Andreas