[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.18 on yakkety

Jens Eligehausen eligehausen at uni-kassel.de
Tue Nov 15 06:01:25 PST 2016

Dear list,

I have difficulties to install QGIS 2.18 on Ubuntu 16.10 yakkety. On
16.04 everything worked perfectly but sadly I had to upgrade since I
need kernel 4.8.x....

I had the following repositories included:

http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu
http://qgis.org/ubuntugis

When I try to install QGIS 2.18 I get an error-message with the
following unresolved dependencies and I am not able to find a solution..:
> qgis:
>  Hängt ab von: gdal-abi-2-1-0
>  Hängt ab von: libqgis-analysis2.18.0, aber es wird nicht installiert
>  Hängt ab von: libqgis-app2.18.0, aber es wird nicht installiert
>  Hängt ab von: libqgis-core2.18.0, aber es wird nicht installiert
>  Hängt ab von: libqgis-gui2.18.0, aber es wird nicht installiert
>  Hängt ab von: libqgis-networkanalysis2.18.0, aber es wird nicht
> installiert
>  Hängt ab von: python-qgis, aber es wird nicht installiert
>  Hängt ab von: qgis-providers, aber es wird nicht installiert
>  Hängt ab von: qgis-common, aber es wird nicht installiert
>  Empfiehlt: qgis-plugin-globe, aber es wird nicht installiert
>  Empfiehlt: qgis-plugin-grass, aber es wird nicht installiert
>  Empfiehlt: qgis-provider-grass, aber es wird nicht installiert

Since both repo don't "support" yakkety (I tried xenial) I deactivated
both repositories but even 2.14.5 installed from the Ubuntu repo leads
broken python support. Finally I am not able to get QGIS running on 16.10.

Any hints are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Jens

Jens Eligehausen
Dipl.-Ing. Landschaftsplanung, M.Sc.

Lehrkraft für Geographische Informationssysteme
und Geodaten-Koordinator am FB 06 (ASL)
Fachgebiet Vegetations- und Landschaftsökologie

Universität Kassel
Gottschalkstraße 26 a / Raum 1112
34109 Kassel
Tel: 0561/804-7196