[Qgis-user] QGIS take several minutes to start on Windows 7

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 11:53:50 PST 2016

Hi Cliff,
this reminds me of a nasty thing I encountered before.
I logged all there:
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Qgis-first-startup-is-slow-td4975911.html

I disappeared when reinstalling a new version, without clearly
understanding what happened. Final tests let think that something was weird
with windows shared file system where profiles where stored.
What is your exact OS version?

All I can advice is to log all what happens with process_monitor.exe and
look at the errors you get.
Also, can you tell us:
What happens in those test cases?
 - launch qgis again while first instance has not startup yet
 - launch qgis using configpath option with a profile on another drive than
currently (network or local?)
 - is the second startup faster than the first one ? (if yes you have
another Microsoft windows phenomenon called cold startup cumulating itself
with previous one)

Thanks for your tests, you face a really rare issue that we must narrow
down and solve,  really

Cheers
Régis