[Qgis-user] Count points overlaying a raster layer

K Imran M drki.musa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 18:37:58 PST 2016

Dear all,

I apologize if this has been asnwered before. My question is:

if I have 2 layers- one is a vector (points in shapefile format) layer and
the other one is a raster layer (flood area). And I would like to count the
number of points inside the flood area. How can I do that? Should I convert
the raster to vector first? Can anyone kindly refer me to any resource if
you know any?

Best regards.

Kamarul

Kamarul Imran Musa (MD MCommunityMed)
Associate Professor (Epidemiology and Biostatistics) &
Public Health Physician,