[Qgis-user] inconsistenty when calculating area depending on file type or projection?

Carlos Cerdán sig.upagu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 07:51:46 PDT 2016

Hi Nyall

I'm afraid that 2.16 has still this issue. I've loaded an UTM-17 south
layer (my zone) and a Lat-long layer and:

1. SRC was seted in UTM

2. In UTM layer, if OTF SRC transformation is active, I get different area
than if it's deactivated. Correct value is the last one.

3. In Lat-long layer, if OTF SRC transformation is active, calculated area
is same as the wrong value of first layer. I can't get the correct value in
this layer, so I have to reproject into a new one and do step 2 (with OTF
deactivated).

What about a general option to set the prefered SRC to calculate areas and
lengths with OTF active?

Regards from Peru

Carlos