[Qgis-user] inconsistenty when calculating area depending on file type or projection?

Carlos Cerdán sig.upagu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 09:22:01 PDT 2016

It was my fault. I was used to consider plane areas as "correct",
forgetting ellipsoidal areas. So, QGIS give us freedom to calculate planar
or ellipsoidal (geodetical) areas, but we must be careful about settings;
Is not it?. Sometimes, too much freedom is annoying!

But, How can I calculate UTM (planar) area from a GEO layer in one step?

Thank you very much for your time and so sorry if I'm doing basic questions.

Carlos