[Qgis-user] Using aggregates functions to count intersected features from another layer

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Oct 19 05:22:36 PDT 2016

Well yes - but that is not a "live" point in polygon. It create separate
layers which need to be kept up-to-date.

Harrissou was after a "live" point in polygon, which is automatically
kept up-to-date through a QGIS expression.

Maybe Nyall knows how to write the correct aggregate expression for
that?

Greetings,

Andreas

On 2016-10-19 14:11, Nicolas Cadieux wrote:

> Try this.
>
> http://www.qgistutorials.com/fr/docs/points_in_polygon.html
>
> Nicolas
>
> Le 19 oct. 2016 à 06:37, DelazJ [via OSGeo.org [2]] <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a polygon layer and a point one. I'd like to calculate for each polygon feature, the number of points that it covers. I thought the aggregates functions could help me find an easier and straight expression to perform this (without creating intermediate layers) but I fail to find any correct syntax.
>>
>> I tried aggregate ('mypoint', 'count', "id", intersects ($geometry, geometry($currentfeature)))
>>
>> And many variants of the fourth option but It always return the total of points or an error. Actually this option is a filter and I wonder if i'm not missing a "group by" option in the aggregate function (which seems to be the appropriate one in my case). Is it possible?
>> The work around I found is to populate an ad'hoc field in the point layer with overlapping polygon id, thanks to the SpatialJoin plugin, then I create a one-to-many relation in the project between the two layers in other to use relation_aggregate function.
>> But I expected something more direct.
>>
>> Any hint, please?
>>
>> Thanks, Harrissou
>>
>> -------------------------
>>
>> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Using-aggregates-functions-to-count-intersected-features-from-another-layer-tp5291420.html
>> To start a new topic under Quantum GIS - User, email [hidden email]
>> To unsubscribe from Quantum GIS - User, click here.
>> NAML [1]

Links:
------
[1]
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml
[2] http://OSGeo.org
[3]
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Using-aggregates-functions-to-count-intersected-features-from-another-layer-tp5291420p5291443.html
[4] http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Quantum-GIS-User-f4125267.html