[Qgis-user] Using aggregates functions to count intersected features from another layer

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 05:32:05 PDT 2016

Maybe using a virtual layer query via DB Manager will work.  You have full
SQL join support. Speed isn't always the best but gives you the full power
of SQL which is the correct way to do this IMO.

E.g SELECT LayerA.id, COUNT(*) FROM layerA
JOIN layerB ON ST_WithIn(layerA.geometry, layerB.geometry)
GROUP BY layerA.type

Although you can't do an update but you can make a new layer with the new
counts.

- Nathan