[Qgis-user] QField

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Sep 22 00:37:00 PDT 2016

Hi Reginald,

You can use the JPEG compression inside Geotiff. Note that this can be
specified separately for both the full resolution and the pyramids. You
can also select the compression factor to decrease the file size in
trade off with quality.

See also http://www.gdal.org/frmt_gtiff.html and
http://www.gdal.org/gdaladdo.html for details.

I believe that modern QGIS versions have these options exposed in the
GUI, but probably not as default.

So maybe there is room for potential to get a smaller size Geotiff.

Greetings,
Andreas