[Qgis-user] degrees: is degr/min/sec still used? Or decimal preferable?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Apr 9 23:39:11 PDT 2017

Hi List,

Had a discussion here with some people about the use of showing the
latlon degrees in degrees/minute/seconds tuple instead of the decimal
notation:
"4.40069397,51.71060887"
vs
"4°24′02.49807059″E,51°42′38.19184916″N" (or variations on that)

Is there some general preference in this? To me the first one is just
easier to handle, but I'm not sure what the general preference is in the
GIS world.

Any comments?

Or is everybody using the national crs's anyway :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde