[Qgis-user] Announcing crowd funding campaign for composer rewrite and reporting framework

Fuenfer-Koenigstein.Benjamin at swm.de Fuenfer-Koenigstein.Benjamin at swm.de
Wed Apr 26 05:12:16 PDT 2017

Hi Nyall,

I'm really amazed to hear about your initiative to improve print composer! Can you already say if the scale dependent styling issue in current print composer (http://hub.qgis.org/issues/15337) will be covered by the campaign?

Regards
Benjamin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Qgis-user [mailto:qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] Im Auftrag von Nyall Dawson
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. April 2017 08:50
An: qgis-developer; qgis-user
Betreff: [Qgis-user] Announcing crowd funding campaign for composer rewrite and reporting framework

Hi all,

I'm proud to announce the launch of North Road's latest QGIS crowd funding campaign: the "QGIS Layout and Reporting Engine Campaign".

This campaign covers stage 1 of a large, ongoing project to modernise and expand on QGIS’ print composer and layout facilities. Over time QGIS’ composer functionality has grown extensively and now is capable of creating flexible, high quality cartographic outputs. However, we’ve now hit a limit where the current code architecture is prohibiting further improvements and important fixes. In order to add a reporting framework to QGIS, it is necessary for us to refactor and improve large sections of the composer code.

You can read more about the campaign and what we're planning at

https://north-road.com/2017/04/26/qgis-composer-rewrite-and-layout-engine-crowdfund-launched/

Please reshare this link via social media, your local user groups, etc
- the more exposure we get the more likely this is to be successful!

Thanks,

Nyall