[Qgis-user] LiDAR Data in QGIS

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 09:19:04 PST 2017

Hello;
I need some education on LiDAR data, we currently have datasets in an Esri
format that seems to be a collection of ADF files. These files consist of
ground hits (DEM) and surface hits (DSM). When I bring them into QGIS I get
raster symbology options but when I read this link
https://rstudio-pubs-static.s3.amazonaws.com/230154_30a0bbf22e2a49ecbfa1b72b2c7a8f96.html
It talks about various other values that should be stored to help process
and visualize the data but I do not see any of those values in our data. I
am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if the data has been stripped
down to only represent elevations. Is there anyway these file formats can
be converted to something the SAGA and Grass tolls can use or do I need to
track down the raw data from the original source?
Thanks;
Tyler