[Qgis-user] deploy local repository

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Feb 3 06:59:48 PST 2017

On 03-02-17 11:24, Häfliger Guido wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is it possible to add a (local) plugin repository to all QGIS
> installations in the network. I deploy QGIS via OSGeo4W-Installer with
> packages on network drive. Where do I have to put the information about
> additional plugin repos in the  packages on the network drive? Or exist
> a better solution to deploy our own plugins to the clients?

Hi,

You either create your own repo, by having a webdir, and adding some
kind of these two files into it:

https://github.com/rduivenvoorde/sectorplot/tree/master/repo

then add the webpath to the plugins.xml as a url for a custom repo in
the plugin manager.
You have to change plugins.xml to have your own plugins off course.
The xsl is only to have a nice 'html' view.
Next to this two files you then can put your zips with your actual plugins.

Another option would be to offer all your users the same plugins by
copying them for them in there ~/.qgis2/python/plugins directory

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde