[Qgis-user] Upgrading QGIS from version 2.16 to 2.18

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Tue Feb 14 01:19:01 PST 2017

Hi,

Am 14.02.2017 um 06:17 schrieb Habtamu Taddele:

> I wanted to upgrade my QGIS version 2.16 to the latest version (2.18)
> without affecting my installed plugins. Is there a way to do that? I mean
> without uninstalling the older version?

If you are on Windows, there is no problem running old and new QGIS in
parallel. If you update plugins, it might however happen that the plugin
won't run on the old version anymore.

On Lunx systems, QGIS will be deinstalled by default, but the plugins
and personal settings will be kept for the new version.

HTH,
André Joost