[Qgis-user] Forced raster export

Stephen Wandling swandling at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 13:44:06 PST 2017

Harrissou,

I tried ignoring the message.  I removed the 'Save as Raster' message,
un-checked the Print as Raster selection (automatically selected by
Composer) and hit Save.  This just resulted in the message returning.

I was using a tile from a bigger map as, what I think of as, my
'background'  It is an .ecw file and is 6.8 Mb in size.  This is a
raster file.

*Q*: Maybe the size of that file is what triggers the message?

*Q*: I am very new to this level of GIS.  I suspect my problems may
originate from the cascading menus on the Geogratis site, when I am
seeking their free data.  I see a menu with several choices, consisting
primarily of acronyms I do not understand.  I choose one and get another
similar menu.  This continues for maybe 6 levels.  My 'guesses' at any
level seems like it might give me very different results?

Stephen