[Qgis-user] Missing SRIDs in Linux

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Sat Feb 25 00:39:00 PST 2017

Am 24.02.2017 um 21:56 schrieb Spencer Gardner:
> I have two different machines with QGIS: one is Windows 10 with QGIS 2.14
> installed from the installer, the other is Ubuntu 16.04 with QGIS 2.18 and
> other GIS software installed from source.
>
> I have noticed that some SRID definitions are not available on my Linux
> machine that are available on Windows. Is this a result of some
> configuration tweak that I'm missing from my build? I have PROJ.4 version
> 4.9.2 on both machines so it's not a difference in the library version. I
> suppose there could be a configuration parameter in PROJ that I'm not
> setting? I'm not really sure where to start.
>
> A few example SRIDs that I see on Windows but not in Linux:
> 6420 (California zone 3)
> 7599 (WISCRS Dane)

It depends on the GDAL version QGIS has found on installation. I used
the qgis.org/ubuntugis xenial repo with the ubuntugis-unstable ppa for
Ubuntu 16.04, and it has the same GDAL 2.1.2 as the current Windows
version of QGIS.

If you have installed QGIS from the qgis.org/debian xenial repository,
it comes with GDAL 1.11.3, without those CRS because they were added to
GDAL with version 2.0.

You might try to locate the srs.db on your Windows and Ubuntu machine,
and just exchange it.

HTH,
André Joost