[Qgis-user] Grass 7 plugin for mac broken?

knussear knussear at mac.com
Tue Feb 28 09:39:04 PST 2017

Hi all hope you can help

I'm having some trouble with the latest QGIS download from
http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/qgis

. I'm unable to see grass mapsets since the last upgrade.

I see some similar discussion here regarding linux:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2017-January/038833.html

This is my Qgis version
OS is 10.12.4 with System Integrity Protection disabled and fully
functioning grass 7 install from http://grassmac.wikidot.com

QGIS version

2.18.2

QGIS code branch

Release 2.18

Compiled against Qt

4.8.6

Running against Qt

4.8.6

Compiled against GDAL/OGR

2.1.2

Running against GDAL/OGR

2.1.2

Compiled against GEOS

3.5.1-CAPI-1.9.1

Running against GEOS

3.5.1-CAPI-1.9.1 r4246

PostgreSQL Client Version

9.4.9

SpatiaLite Version

4.3.0a

QWT Version

6.1.3

PROJ.4 Version

492

QScintilla2 Version

2.9.1

In the plugin options for grass I see a reference to
/Users/Shared/unix/grass-qgis-mtlion/grass-7.0.4 and a message that the
selected GRASS installation is not valid

I pointed this to my installation

/Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/grass70

but it still shows not valid.

Wondering if you have noticed this, or have any tips on how to fix?

Thanks much

Ken