[Qgis-user] How to read dmp files?

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Wed Jul 5 14:51:14 PDT 2017

I frequently experience QGIS crashing and notifying me "Minidump written to:
xxxxx.dmp".

I suppose I get this information because xxxx.dmp could hold some useful
information.

I have tried Googling but cannot find a tool to read the .dmp files from
Qgis.

Are they in the same format as the Windows dmp files created when Windows is
crashing and thus readable by dumpchk.exe which should be part of some
larger debugging kit downloadable from Microsoft?

I am running Win 7 64 bit.

-----
Regards Morten

Currently using Qgis 2.18.3 (OSGeo4),