[Qgis-user] Possible bug QGIS 2.10

Lester Anderson arctica1963 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 01:13:41 PDT 2017

Hello all,

I am currently working with QGIS 2.10 and have just noticed a bug when
creating and editing shapefiles. I know it's not the latest, but works
fine for most jobs.

If I make a shapefile, polygons or lines, it all looks fine in QGIS if
I later go back and delete some objects in the file, but if I check in
ArcMap then all the objects are still there. If QGIS shows 2 polygons
ArcMap will show all, even those that were deleted.

The only workaround I can see is to copy the polygons/lines into a new
shapefile. It seems like the shapefile is not updating properly in the
background even if it shows the correct elements in QGIS.

It seems if you edit an existing shapefile in QGIS (2.10) that it
still retains information on the objects that were deleted, although
the attribute table does not show this. In ArcMap the attribute table
shows all including deleted objects.

Any ideas? Has this been corrected in later versions?

Cheers
Lester