[Qgis-user] Terrain Ruggedness Index Calculation

Mark Polczynski mhp.techforge at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 07:25:41 PDT 2017

I have read Riley, S. J., S. D. DeGloria and R. Elliot (1999). A terrain
ruggedness index that quantifies topographic heterogeneity, Intermountain
Journal of Sciences, vol. 5, No. 1-4,1999, but might someone be able to
tell me how the "Ruggedness Index" calculation is performed in QGIS?  In
particular, the "Z factor" seems to have no effect on the result. I have a
passing familiarity with Python, so could probably figure out how the code
works, if that would help the explanation.

Thanks!

--
Mark Polczynski